VACANCIES AT WYEDEAN
Teacher of Humanities - Required immediately
Part Time 0.4 rising to 0.5 after Easter. Temporary until the end of the school year 2017
Wyedean is a Gloucestershire academy, situated on the edge of the picturesque Forest of Dean. Wyedean is within easy access of Bristol, Cardiff and Gloucester. We are a comprehensive school of 1150 students, including 300 in the Sixth Form. Our students are industrious, behave well and enjoy coming to school. Our staff are talented, hard-working and committed to the success of every student.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed teacher of Humanities, to join our Social Studies Learning Area. The successful candidate will be able to teach Religious Studies, History at Key Stage 3, and possibly one of these subjects at Key Stage 4 or 5.
Please download a Staff application form from below. Applications should reach the school by 9 a.m. on Friday 10th February with interviews in the week of the 20th February 2017.
An enhanced DBS disclosure check is a requirement for this post, which complies with Wyedean's commitment to the safeguarding of its students.
The person appointed will have:
- Enthusiasm, energy and commitment to the teaching of Humanities subjects and to all students achieving their full potential.
- High expectations of student attainment and behaviour, excellent classroom management strategies.
- Excellent teaching skills, with the ability to teach across the age and ability range, 11-16
- Willingness to develop extra-curricular activities.
- The ability to work as a team member, sharing teaching and assessment experiences with colleagues and being willing to model examples of good practice during department meetings.
- Commitment to the role of tutor of a mixed ability group.
- Ability and willingness to make a broader contribution to the life of the school.
- Commitment to working in a three way partnership with students and parents, reporting effectively to parents and making contact with home - both to motivate and to praise students.
Assistant and Senior Exam Invigilators
We are looking for enthusiastic and organised people to join our examination invigilation team, in both assistant and senior roles.
You will play a crucial part in ensuring that our examinations are conducted according to statutory guidelines. You will need good interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to students, to ensure they have the best environment to meet their potential.
Employment is on a casual basis during mock and external exam seasons, currently November, January, May and June.
Previous experience of working in a secondary school environment is desirable, but not essential, as full training will be provided. Senior invigilators should ideally have held a position of authority within education.
As well as being reliable, well organised and punctual, you will need to have:
a flexible attitude
effective communication skills
an ability to work calmly under pressure
an ability to work as part of a team
Senior invigilators will be expected to manage a room of up to 140 students, providing guidance to a team of invigilators in the exam room.
Full training will be provided in April, with a start date of early May.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 28th February 2017. Interviews Wednesday 8th March.
Please send a brief CV to email@example.com, alternatively post to Mrs S Howells, Examinations Manager, Wyedean School and Sixth Form Centre, Beachley Road, Sedbury, Chepstow, Gloucestershire. NP16 7AA.
A DBS disclosure check is a requirement for this post, which complies with Wyedean’s commitment to the safeguarding of its students.
For further details of the Assistant Invigilator role please download the full job description HERE
For further details of the Senior Invigilator role please download the full job description HERE
Download the Teaching Staff Application form in PDF format HERE.
Download the Teaching Staff Application form in Microsoft Word format HERE.
Download the Support Staff Application Form PDF HERE.
Download the Support Staff Application Form in Microsoft Word format HERE.